Monday, November 28, 2005

The Truth.org

OK, enough with the damn TV ads. Mind your own damn business. If a person chooses to smoke then that is there concern, not a bunch of snotty stuck up, liberal college kids.

“One Tobacco company said they would not support a youth organization that supports discouraging youth smoking” Well big F’in deal. They are a business. They have the same rights as you and me to decide what is in their best interest.

I have never in my life considered smoking safe, nor have I ever been lead by a tobacco company to believe that. Maybe it is that I am smarter then those who are easily fooled, but I doubt it.

All the truth is about is shoving a perspective in our faces. Smokers already get flack from every angle, now they have to get flack from a group of kids that have never had to accomplish a damn thing in life.

Would I admit that smoking is a safe habit, of course not. I just don’t need campy TV ads letting me know that. We are all adults; the research on smoking is publicly available. Maybe The Truth should dedicate their time and donated money helping military families, or homeless, or educating children at schools. I think more people should mind their own business, if you don’t like it, don’t do it. If it is around you and it bothers you? Leave.

We live in a free country, so why are we dealing with those that feel they have the right to free speech and expression, yet certain other groups (smokers) must have their rights squashed. If I feel like having a smoke, I do not want to feel like I am commiting a crime. The last I heard smoking is legal.

This is once again my opinion. Let me know what you think

No comments: